Welcome to STEM at Lenart RGC!
Due to the closure of CPS schools, we won’t have normally scheduled STEM class for a few weeks. Instead, we will use online tools for distance learning. Students will complete and turn in all work online. All work will be posted on Mr. Sidarous’s website (https://mr.sidarous.net/ ). To see the work for your class, visit the site, click on Classes, then click on the grade icon corresponding to your class.
- Pre-K students will practice their mouse skills and programming fundamentals with Code.org’s Pre-reader express activities at (https://studio.code.org/s/pre-express-2019/next )
- Grades K-2 will complete work via the CodeSpark Academy platform. CodeSpark is available on the web (https://codespark.com/play/ ) or with apps for iOS and Android devices.
- Grades 3-6 will code using their Scratch account (https://scratch.mit.edu/ ). Students must also complete digital worksheets which will be turned in via Google Classroom.
- Grades 7-8 will be programming in Python on the Carnegie Mellon CS Academy website (https://academy.cs.cmu.edu/ ) with accounts that have already been set up.
More details for each grade can be found on the corresponding class page on Mr. Sidarous’s website and Google Classroom (for grades 3-8). It is my sincere hope that this time away from school will be healthy, fun and full of learning. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns.
Welcome to Mr. Sidarous's website! I'm excited for a year of learning at Lenart. STEM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. Students will be learning all about how to use these tools to explore our world and express themselves effectively and safely.
STEM News and Opportunities
For the 2019-2020 school year, the STEM class schedule is as follows:
- Pre-K (Downes) - Tuesday
- Pre-K (Hardy) - Friday
- Kindergarten - Monday
- 1st Grade - Monday
- 2nd Grade - Tuesday
- 3rd Grade - Friday
- 4th Grade - Wednesday
- 5th Grade - Tuesday
- 6th Grade - Friday
- 7th Grade - Thursday
- 8th Grade - Monday
You can contact me using the form on this site or via:
- Phone: 773.535.0040 (The office will notify me of your phone call)
- Email: mj MYLASTNAME AT cps DOT edu